The Good Birth Practice
Charlotte Edun is a Good Birth coach, hypnobirthing teacher, doula & facilitator of the Positive Birth Movement Sevenoaks. She has been working with parents-to-be since 2014 and is a passionate advocate for providing women with the knowledge, skills & opportunity to enjoy & be enriched by their birth experiences (however those births happen). Charlie facilitates antentatal classes, workshops & retreats across West Kent.
Charlotte joined the Hever Health team in 2020 and will be holding Birth Planning and Hypnobirthing day retreats in the studio.
If you're looking for an antenatal group that challenges, stimulates & inspires, well, I'm here to tell you, you've found your Tribe.
Here, you can relax into the time and the space you need to focus clearly on your pregnancy & birth, and enjoy the chilled-out, calm-birth promise of standard hypnobirthing classes.
WHAT THE DAY BRINGS
Deep in the heart of the Kent Countryside this is all about giving you the time & space to focus & contemplate your pregnancy & birth to come - cosseted away from the hubbub & hassle.
This time is devoted to taking a deep dive into what Birth - and what it can be. I'll guide you through the questions you don't yet know you need to ask about how birth happens, what normal is (and is not), and why it's not the same for everyone. I'll introduce to you to the varying Spheres of Influence you'll encounter during your pregnancy & birth, and help you recognise them & work with them.
Of course, there's also the emotional control prowess which hypnobirthing brings. These are skills you'll use in your pregnancy, birth & beyond. More than that, you'll come to see that this isn't simply a nice-to-have, cherry-on-your-birthing-cake. Knowing how to breathe will have a definable benefit to your experience (this isn't just 'Woo' - there's a hormonal reason breathing helps, I promise).
And you'll leave feeling aligned & connected with your birth partner. You'll go beyond the feelings and learn practical formats & practices to release you create a birth plan that works - however your birth happens.
WHY THIS COURSE ?
1) As a doula I hold a unique position in the birth room. Without clinical responsibility and or a vested interested in how birth plays out, I see clearly what soothes women, what they need to cope, how hypnobirthing happens in practice, and how birth can be de-railed. I know pregnancy, birth & parenting is a complicated old thing, so I'll be honest with you, and I won't promise that this + this = that. I will bring you first hand experience & impartiality.
2) You might decamp at the end of the day, but you aren't leaving. We follow up the day with 2 x 40min 121 follow up coaching calls, so you can adopt and adapt all the insight & skills you're taking on board. I'll be present to help you tailor your learning as your pregnancy & expectations progress.
3) You get the best of both worlds - the dynamism & perspective that comes with group learning + 121 personalised birth coaching. You get more insight, more expertise, more time & more nurturing support on this course than any other.
4) I know there isn't a 'Right' or a 'Wrong' way to be pregnant, give birth or parent, so I'm not going to tell you anything. We take a coaching approach and ask questions, questions, questions. I know that what you believe about birth is probably a little out of whack. So I'll encourage you to research widely and critically, to create your own plan - one that is realistic, personal and flexible. My job is help you discover your OWN path, not adopt mine.
5) If this course looks & feels right to you, then it's the course for you. It's important that you feel comfortable, that you trust my credibility & approach.
OK. SO WHAT DO I ACTUALLY GET....
** A place for you (& your partner) at the Good Birth Planning + Hypnobirthing Day Retreat
** The Good Birth Practice Goody Bag
** The Calm Birth Book by Suzy Ashworth
** 5 x Calm Birth Hypnobirthing MP3s
** 2 x 40min 121 follow-up Birth Coaching calls
** Access to the Birth Room, our online client area, packed with refreshers, tips, resources, birth films & BONUS video tutorials from Infant Sleep Consultants, Anna Le Grange, Lactation Consultant and Mindful Breastfeeding Coach, Raise Up Mums and Radiant Personal Training
...AND WHAT ARE THE PRACTICALITIES?
Good Birth + Hypnobirthing Retreats take place at Hever Health and Wellbeing, deep in the glorious Kent Countryside. Retreats usually take place on Sunday's, starting at 930am and finishing at 530pm. You're welcome to join me for lunch at The Waterside restaurant, or to bring your own and picnic outside.
All you need to bring is yourself (in some comfy clothes) & your curiosity.
You can book your place straightaway via Eventbrite (see the link below).
But you might want to know more. Give me a call. Let's have a chat about what 'Good' means to you, and how we can work towards it. If 'Good' is still a bit nebulous & theoretical, then lets chat about what you want (and don't want) from a course, and see if I'm the right one for you
The first day retreat will be held on Sunday 29th March 2020
Email Charlotte at